Nepal Health Professional Council (NHPC) is going to conduct a license examination for optometrists for the very first time in Nepal. Though the first notice was issued by NHPC on 2078 Ashar 19th, the exam could not be held on a varied date due to the nationwide spread of the COVID-19 pandemic. However, NHPC has issued a recent notice to conduct the exam in 21st and 22nd Bhadra, 2078 i.e., 6th and 7th September 2021 admitting all the necessary safety health measures.
All the students who have filled up the form between 11th Baisakh to 32nd Shrawan 2078 i.e., 24th of April to 16th August 2021 for license examination will be enrolled for license examination by NHPC and the exam will be held via computer.
Things to know before you appear the licensing examination:
- The examination will be conducted with multiple-choice questions (MCQs) having three plausible options and one correct option.
- There should be 100 MCQs that have to be answered within 2 hours.
- The pass marks will be 50% of the total questions.
- The 50% of questions are to be arranged in such a way that a candidate must know the answer to these questions.
1. Basic Science and Organ Systems (5)
2. Ocular Anatomy and Physiology (10)
3. Physiologic and Geometric Optics (3)
4. Visual Science (10)
5. Ocular Disease (7)
6. Diagnostic and Investigative Optometry (10)
7. Ophthalmic and Dispensing Optics (10)
8. Pediatric Optometry and Binocular Vision (10)
9. Contact Lens and Ocular Prosthesis (10)
10. Low Vision and Visual Rehabilitation (10)
11. Community Optometry (5)
12. Geriatric Optometry and Vision Care (4)
13. Research Methodology and Biostatistics (3)
14. Ethics in Optometry (3)