Nepal Research and Education Network (NREN) is providing telemedicine services to the rural areas of Nepal. NREN currently has the following medical organizations connected to telemedicine services.
- Kathmandu Model Hospital, Bag bazar (Medical Partner of NREN)
- Institute of Medicine, Teaching Hospital, Kathmandu
- Nepal Medical College and Teaching Hospital, Kathmandu
- Communication Health Education Services by Telehealth (CHEST), Maharajgunj, Kathmandu
- Gauri Shankar General Hospital, Dolakha
- Manmohan Memorial Community Hospital, Pharping
SAARC e-Network Tele-Medicine project
The SAARC e-Network Tele-Medicine project is the initiative by the Government of India to provide specialist healthcare facilities and treatment to the people of all member SAARC countries.
Telemedicine services by Nepal Government
Government of Nepal (GoN), Ministry of Health (MoH) and Department of Health Services are also providing telemedicine services. Currently, the telemedicine center is located in Patan Hospital. They are providing services to 25 districts and planning to add 5 more districts. The telemedicine services of GoN include:
- Live video conferencing
- Store and forward mechanism
- Hello swasthya: They provide a toll-free number “1115” from NTC and NCELL. The public can also use this service to get the solution of the health-related problems.