This course has been designed for complete guidance to all clinicians or optometrists to explore the Ocular prosthesis. Needless to say, ocularists construct, fit and maintain ocular prosthesis with their unbound art, skills and knowledge. A good hands-on ocular prosthesis is a boon and life-changing for those who have lost their eyes (Evisceration & Enucleation, maybe like trauma, retinoblastoma etc).
In this course, we will deal with basics to advance in the ocular prosthesis in a step-by-step fashion. The course is designed for three months with 25 to 30 hours of virtual lectures by highly experienced eminent national and international speakers.
Objectives of OEUP on Ocular Prosthesis:
- Provision of detailed information about the fabrication of prosthetic eye.
- Filling the bridge gap between clinician and ocularist sub-speciality.
- Facilitating clinicians in recognition of the importance of customized ocular prosthesis.
- Shedding light to clinicians about the present, future and scope of ocular prosthesis.
- Help to establish the private set up for ocular prosthesis
- Introduction to Ocular prosthetic & Ocularist
- Introduction to Ocular prosthetic & Ocularist: World’s Practice and history
- Brief Anatomy of Eye and Orbit
- Ocular surgery and/or Consideration for an ocular prosthesis
- Materials used in Ocular Prosthesis
- Investigations and Evaluation
- Prerequisite’s evaluation and tools (CT Scan)
- Retinoblastoma and surgery consideration for ocular prosthesis
- Eyeball’s socket and volume evaluation.
- Evaluation and Investigative for maxillofacial structure.
- Fitting and designing
- How to set up a Prosthesis Lab
- Fabrication & Painting of Ocular Prosthesis
- Ready-made Vs Customized Eye fitting
- Troubleshooting in prosthetic eye fitting
- Care and Maintenance
- Care and Maintenance of Ocular Prosthesis
- The complications of Ocular prosthesis
- Case discussion of Ocular Prosthesis
- Advancement in Ocular Prosthesis
- Maxillofacial Ocular Prosthesis (Eye, Nose and Ear)
6. Steps Involved in Making
- Counselling & Information followed by impression and Painting of Iris
- Size Verification
(Size, Shape, Centration, Verification of the model & adaptation)
(Live Painting of Slcera, Adding of BV to the prosthetic Eye)
- Final Dispensing
(Final fitting, Handling Instruction Final Q&A)
To pursue Optometry Education Upliftment Program, the interested candidates need to fulfil the following eligibility criteria:
- Candidates must be pursuing or have completed a bachelor’s degree or B.Sc. in Optometry/Diploma in Ophthalmology from any recognized institute.
- Candidates who are ongoing with their bachelor’s degree must have a recognition letter from their college/university.
- Candidates need to secure at least 50% aggregate marks at the graduation level.
- Clinicians must be registered to their country’s authorized or Medical Council or Health Professional Council.
The applicant is required to submit copies of the following documents with the application form:
- Graduation Certificate/Marksheet
- Students ID Card or Council Registration Number
- Recommendation Letter
- Passport Size Official Photo
All the certificates should be photocopied and submitted with proper attestation. Enrolment is conditional upon completion of all the registration formalities including payment of a fee determined by the foundation. Incomplete applications shall not be processed for intake.
Introduction to Ocular prosthetic
Fitting & Designing
Care and Maintenance
Advancement in Ocular Prosthesis